Welcome to the Transplantation Research Lab
What we do...
The Transplantation Research Lab is dedicated to the discovery
of new and more effective methods for preventing and managing the
rejection of transplanted organs.
Current projects include:
- Understanding how regulatory T cells (specialized immune cells)
prevent autoimmune diabetes and transplant rejection
- Engineering dendritic cells (DCs) to inhibit
donor-specific T cells and targeting DCs to lymphoid organs
- Investigational use of the immunosuppressive drug called
Belatacept to control graft rejection
- Studying the effects of gaseous carbon monoxide to increase
- Establishing successful protocols for withdrawal from