Welcome to the Transplantation Research Lab
What we do...
The Transplantation Research Lab is dedicated to the discovery of new and more effective methods for preventing and managing the rejection of transplanted organs.
Current projects include:
- Understanding how regulatory T cells (specialized immune cells) prevent autoimmune diabetes and transplant rejection
- Engineering dendritic cells (DCs) to inhibit donor-specific T cells and targeting DCs to lymphoid organs
- Investigational use of the immunosuppressive drug called Belatacept to control graft rejection
- Studying the effects of gaseous carbon monoxide to increase anti-inflammatory response
- Establishing successful protocols for withdrawal from immunosuppressive regimens